Sunday, February 13, 2011

Some fabric I LOVE for Valentine's Day

Awhile back at a local quilt show, I bought a fat quarter bundle of Michael Miller's Antiquity line.  When I saw it, you would have thought I was a 6 year old getting a new Barbie!  I had. to. have. it!  


It sat around for some time before I came up with the perfect project.  This fabric is uber expensive, so I knew I wouldn't be able to make anything big since I'm on a b*dg*t.  Well, I was printing out all my favorite quilt tutorials from Moda Bake Shop because I worry about not finding something when I'm halfway through with a project (like the Mod Sampler quilt) and found the Vintage Ribbons Table Runner pattern.  I thought that'd be the perfect project!  






It went together pretty quickly.  This fabric is super stiff so it was hard to iron all the points crisp.  I'm so excited about the way it turned out though!  This would be a great project for beginning quilters.  Speaking of, actually the women I work with want me to teach them how to quilt and this is what we'll be making.  I'm planning on stitching in the ditch to finish this one off.  I don't want anything that'll distract from the lovely, glittery fabrics!






Stinkin Cute Thursday Button

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...