Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bananas Foster... sans flambee :/

Last Friday I was feeling rather ambitious.  Armed with my saute pan and a few bananas, I decided to make Bananas Foster for my bf to impress him with mad skills other than quilting so he doesn't think he's dating an 80 year old.  






Bananas Foster are the cool desert that people order in fancy pants restaurants where the pan is lit on fire at your table.  I wanted to light something on fire!  I found out that coconut Malibu does not ignite, no matter how many times you try.  I suppose the alcohol has to be more than 21% by volume :(  Needless to say, I was not impressed with my own skills.  The bananas tasted fine, but would have been way better if they had been on fire, if only momentarily.  The blackberries on the other hand, turned out super delicious.  






So for future reference, use dark rum if the recipe calls for it!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...