Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Seeing Stars in Central Park

This has been one long work in progress - it's taken me over a year to finally finish this puppy!  I used two Central Park by Kate Spain charm packs and a Kona can't remember the color yellow as the sashing.  


I just bought Angela Water's new Free Motion Quilting book which gave me tons of ideas.  I think I just didn't know how to quilt this and that's why it took me so long to finish.  I attempted to do a paisley design from the book.  It turned out well, but I think I need tons more practice before mine looks like hers!  


I have been just using all prints for my backings lately and I wanted to break things up a bit.  What better way then to use the solid from the front?  


This is my entry in the Aug edition of the My Precious QAL hosted by Kelly at Kelbysews.  I just love Kate Spain's work, especially Central Park!  I've been on the lookout for more, but sadly it seems to be sold out everywhere :(  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy a ton of Cuzco to make up for it!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...