Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cherries sure are great for summer...

I finished a quilt top using Sew Cherry fabric by Riley Blake and one of my favorite patterns from Scrap Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett - the Over and Under Quilt.  I love how it looks like all the pieces are woven together.  I think this fabric line is really kitschy cute and works well in this design.  For the background, I used a tone on tone white orange peel pattern from JoAnn.  The borders are a pink polka dot from Pam Kitty Morning and some Heather Bailey Welcome Road print to round it out.  While I was putting this together, I wasn't quite sure if it was going to turn out the way I liked, but after adding the borders, I'm very excited about it.  I think this one will make its way to a friend of mine as a house warming gift.




2 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

oohhh I love the fabrics and agree that is a great pattern! Gorgeous!

Laurie @ ... And In My Spare Time I Quilt said...

very modern retro -- nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...