Thursday, January 24, 2013

Natural Sourdough Bread Starter Action

BF and I picked up a loaf of sourdough bread at the store last week that I found so tasty I challenged myself to DIY.  After searching through many starter recipes, I chose to duplicate this one at Naturally Knocked Up.  I started it on Monday and my has it grown!  

The first two days I used white all purpose flour.  Then I decided to switch to Bob's Mill rye flour to get more flavorful bread.  Yesterday it started to bubble a little bit but today it's full blown bubble action!  I don't want to have to buy a bigger jar to put it in so I may split it into two.  Researching sourdough is definitely interesting.  I'll probably make a simple loaf of bread first.  BF has been begging me to make chili lately though so maybe I'll tackle some sourdough bread bowls too!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...