Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Getting back to the swing of things...

I'm trying to be more vigilant about my blogging because I have a lot of great stuff in the works!  

I signed up for another round of the Flickr 4x5 bee and couldn't wait to get started.  One of the hive members is the same as last round and I love her color choices of shades of purple with white and grey.  I just picked up my Modern Blocks copy from the library and decided my favorite pattern was Four Acres by Solidia Hubbard on p. 68-69.  So simple and bold!  I switched up the way the colors were arranged for my bee mate and am really pleased with how it turned out.





 Since I didn't want that block to be lonely, I decided to make one for myself at the same time.  It is bright, maybe too bright, but I'm leaving it alone for now to decide what to do with it.  I was having heart palpitations while contemplating cutting into my original FMF and KJR stash!  







1 comment:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

They look great! I love your one, the colours and prints are bright in a good way :)

p.s. could you please turn off your word verification? x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...