Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Pink and Orange!

Have you signed up for Quiltcon 2015?  I really wanted to take Anna Maria Horner's color theory class but didn't make it in time, so I decided to make it up to myself by creating a saturated quilt in summer orange and tangerines with pretty pink and fuchsia.  

The pattern is called Happy Weekender by for Moda Bake Shop, using charms and Kona white.  No two charms are alike and I received them in a Flickr swap ages ago, plus added some from my collection.  I like to put my favorite fabrics in the center of my quilts, and here we have some apples from Farmers Market, Zen Garden swirls, Henna Garden, Tula Pink Nest and more!  





I don't have solid plans for the lucky recipient of this quilt, but it's definitely going to be a girl, right?    


7 comments:

Jill said...

I love bright and cheer! Great job.

Francesca Celeste said...

LOVE the colors!

Yvonne Campbell said...

I love the colors for the quilt. I may sign up for something once I am at Quiltcon. I have never been, but I heard that there's openings at the last minute. So, my fingers are crossed.

Michelle said...

Love pink and orange together! Looks so good here.

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

Unfortunately, I won't be attending QuiltCon but I am making a small wall hanging the same color combination. I adding a bit more yellow to mine. Your quilt looks great.

Nicole said...

Love the colors!

Beth said...

I love that color combination together definitely very summery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...