The trifold mirror was 25 cents because one of the pins was broken, so I stuck a nail in it and viola! fixed (duh). The fabric was on clearance at Joann's and since I heart houndstooth, I had to have it for $4 for almost 2 yards. I used Elmer's spray adhesive which is about $4.
First, I made a paper pattern of the mirror pieces by tracing along the trim. Then I cut out the fabric and messed it up by first making two of one side. Oops! (There are a lot of oopses when I craft).
Next, I took it outside. That spray glue reeks! I chose the temporary tacky option since I may change it someday. So you spray both surfaces and wait 5 min before you put them together.
Rub out the bubbles and trim up any excess. There ya have it - a shabby chic fireplace screen!