Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall 2011 Bloggers' Quilt Festival

Presenting my entry in the Fall 2011 Bloggers' Quilt Festival from amyscreativeside.com!  I've chosen to submit my Central Park Moda Bake Shop Ritzy Cracker Quilt because it is so bright and cheerful, not to mention it was a breeze to whip up.  I quilted this using all straight line quilting, which was a new area for me.  Previously, I'd only free motion meandered because I'm a type A++ and if a line isn't ruler-straight, I want to rip it out and start over!  For this one however, I let myself relax and I think it turned out great.  It is perfect for the chillier nights we've been having lately.









11 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love the straight line quilting too :)

Mom said...

great quilt!

Margaret
msolomo1@maine.rr.com
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Jane said...

What a pretty quilt! The fabrics are great.

Camille said...

The square quilting in the squares looks so crisp! This block is so simple but such a good one.

I can't fmq because I want it all planned out before I start.

Lyanna L. said...

beautiful quilt - love the kate spain fabric and i also am a fan of the straight line quilting...sometimes when i fmq i get it all over the place and it looks like a two year old went crazy with a crayon for the first time! straight line is much more organized =)

thanks for sharing your quilt though! =)

Simply Sandy said...

Love the simplicity of this. Great quilt.

Debbie said...

Beautiful! I love this pattern & you have done a fantastic job with it! Great quilting too! I love the fabric too - enough that I've made TWO quilts with it - ha. Congrats on a lovely finish.

laura said...

the quilting turned out beautifully!

FabricDonkey said...

I love that pattern (I entered my ritzy cracker quilt last year!) and it looks gorgeous in Central Park! The quilting is just perfect too.

stitchinpenny said...

Wonderful and it looks A++ to me.

Quilt Genius said...

So pretty! I just love that fabric. :)

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...