Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas is just around the corner!

I decided to sew a couple patchwork Christmas stockings for my roommate and my apartment this year.  Thimble Blossoms' patterns were on sale last week and I bought the Merry stockings and Swoon patterns.  It's tough sewing this in secret so I can surprise her later with it!  Freshly cut out in stocking form this morning before work:




I'll change one thing when I do this pattern the second time.  The pattern says to cut out 3.5" squares to make the pinwheels, then trim them down a bunch.  I thought that was a little wasteful, so I'd probably make the squares smaller initially.  I'll try it when I make the back of this one and see what happens.



My current list of projects:

Finished!

Being Quilted:

Completed tops needing backings & quilting:
Verna Friendship Braid
Simply Squares Vintage sheets 
Central Park Charming Stars
Hunky Dory Bubblegum
Vintage Sheets Mod Sampler

Tops in pieces:
Sew Cherry Snapdragon Quilt
Cherish Nature Circle in Squares
Hunky Dory Pandora's Box
 
Vintage Sheets New Wave 

New projects this week: 2
Finished projects this week: 2  


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


21 comments:

Quilt Genius said...

What a pretty stocking! Looks great.

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Jennifer said...

love that pinwheel stocking!

Heather D. said...

What a fun thing to do with pinwheels. Love it!

Kristen said...

Beautiful! Pinwheels are so much fun!

JuliePickles said...

I really love your Bliss sampler! And I like the pinwheel stocking too!

Maggie said...

perfect pinwheels!

Foolish Feathers said...

What a clever stocking design! hmmmm...

sydthewyd said...

What a fun stocking! I like that it's Christmas-y without being OTT. Nice work!

Leanne said...

That stocking looks great!

Christie describeHappy said...

Great stocking! and great blog name! I just saw that movie again last week... such a classic!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

When I saw the mini photo on the link-up I thought that red and green pinwheels would be a great Christmas quilt. I just squealed when I saw it was a stocking. Love it!
~Kimberlee

KristyLou said...

That stocking is too cute!!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Very cute stocking!!

Marsha Cooper said...

The stocking looks great. By the looks of your list you sure have plenty to keep you busy.

Cille said...

Beautiful stocking - your roommate is very lucky :)

Rachel said...

Cute stocking. So festive!

Katy Cameron said...

Cute wee stocking, and good luck with your swoons :o)

Allison said...

what a fun Christmas stocking!

Leila said...

I love pinwheels! So cute!

Al said...

Totally adorable stocking.

Marci Girl said...

What a lovely stocking and what a sweet and thoughtful gift!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...