Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Charity Quilt Top Finished

Last night I finished up another charity quilt top.  When I lived in OKC, I was a member of my church quilt group and we made quilts for kids at the local children's hospital.  I'm moved but I'm still active with the group and take the quilt tops back when I visit.  


Awhile back, someone donated loads of fabric to the group but they were mostly the ornate, oriental and guilded fabric with gold and silver threads on everything.  I didn't think they were very kid friendly, but when it's being donated, you have to make do with what you've been given! 


I came across Camille Roskelley's Thimble Blossoms pattern called Coming Soon and decided that would be a fun arrangement for some of the fabrics I had acquired from the donated bunch.  Here's what I came up with.  I was going for a castle feel, but you have to see the fabric in person I think to really appreciate it.  


The small rectangles inside the blocks are a fabric that looks like stained glass windows.  The blocks are made out of several sky, water, and grass prints, along with a few playful horses galloping through the fields.  As I was cutting this out, I thought I should make another one with fussy cut Castle Peeps as the small rectangles.  



A note about this pattern - it was so super easy to make!  I could have made this whole quilt in a day if I'd wanted.  The directions were easy to follow and there are so many possibilities with this one.  Don't be surprised if you see other variations in the future :)


2 comments:

Becky said...

Fantastic quilt! I love it! I'm on my 4th "charity" quilt. I'll have to remember this one!!

Dee said...

This is almost as beautiful as the heart who's donating it! Bless you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...