Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What's Cookin Wednesday

I've made a quilt for my grandma, my mom, my boyfriend, my friend from home...now it's my dad's turn! 

I acquired some Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow and fell in love with some of the prints, especially the blues.  I decided this would be great fabric for my dad's quilt!  I bought a scrap pack of Modern Meadow on Etsy, which actually turned out to be several yards, to round out my collection.  There's a few other fabrics in the mix too. 

The pattern is Urban Cabin by Atkinson Designs.  I thought it seemed more manly than lots of HSTs or stars and such :)  I'm making a total of 25 blocks for his lap sized quilt and have 8 of them finished already.  The pattern goes together very quickly and the blocks are large so I should be done in no time!



Finished blocks


Color combos left to finish


Color combos left to finish


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous! Guy quilts are harder for me, for some reason. I think I have to many florals and girly colored solids in my stash. Working on destashing and correcting that!

Beth said...

Looks like it will be a great quilt!

Bethany (Make Me A Quilt) said...

Those blocks are so awesome! I love how the pattern, it's really unique and interesting. :)
Bethany

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...