Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Emily and the Technicolor Cats

Back in December, Elizabeth at Oh, Fransson! started the Catvent Quiltalong.  She designed 25 different cat blocks for each day before Christmas and has the tutorials posted on her blog.  I couldn't help but start a few and thought this would be a great way to use up some of my overflowing scrap bucket.  Well, they're small so they don't take up as many scraps as I was hoping, but I'll have another project on my list for those soon I'm sure! 

I thought these would be adorable for a quilt that I give to my dad, who's a veterinarian.  Won't they look cute hanging at his clinic?



Lily's Quilts

6 comments:

Sam said...

Lovely bright and cheerful colours.

Becca said...

I was so excited about Catvent. I checked the blog every day to see the new cat. Someone at guild thought all the cats were the same piecing, just different colors. I told her each cat is unique. Love this quilt. Maybe that's what I should do with my snow day tomorrow.

Helen in the UK said...

Great use of the scraps ... and it looks as though you have lovely scraps :)

Nilya said...

Love those cats :) so happy

Julie Hirt - 627handworks said...

That's a sweet gift! I really like the blue background.

lindaroo said...

Adorable idea for a vet's office! Your cats are looking very cheerful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...