Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Last Friday afternoon I cruised through a couple garage sales.  I ended up buying a headboard and footboard!  I've been looking for an antique set for a long time and pondered even making my own, but this set is pretty much exactly what I'd been picturing.  I'm going to have to figure out how to build a frame or mount it onto my already existing metal mattress frame (or maybe I'll let my boyfriend do that part...).  The flower detail on the footboard is so precious!  I'm thinking about refinishing it too, stain or paint?  Decisions, decisions...


How much did I spend on this?  How does $35 sound??  Yep, I thought that was pretty good too.




I think I may end up trying to copy this Pottery Barn Gabriella upholstered headboard that goes for $699 for a full size.  Isn't it dreamy?

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/gabriella-upholstered-headboard/?pkey=cupholstered-beds-headboards



1 comment:

Erin said...

Great find! I've got my eyes out for a headboard too, but with a California king I'm not sure it'll be an easy find.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...