Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another rail fence quilt

I sewed this rail fence quilt top together the other day.  As I was laying out the pieces, I felt kind of limited due to the fact that I only had 5 different fabrics to play with.  The fabric is from an off-brand jelly roll I bought at Wal-Mart last year.  It only had 5 fabrics in it, and not very many of the striped, but it was on clearance for $10 so I decided to go for it.



I've said before there are a lot of "oops" when I sew.  Spiral Stripes, the blocks I had originally intended to make with this fabric, were from the Jelly Roll Quilts book by Pam & Nicki Lintott.  I accidentally cut the blocks an inch smaller than they were supposed to be (eep!) and was quite in despair.  


A few months later, I decided I could figure out something to do with them, and used the rest of the fabric to make this super simple rail fence quilt.  I like the fact that there's a pattern of "T's" in the green because that's my last name. How awesome is a monogram quilt?  I'm not sure if I'll keep it.  I do have a whole other jelly roll in this same fabric so I may make another.  I'll be adding borders soon.  I'm thinking a thin robin's egg blue and thicker brown, with a green binding?  I'm planning to attempt machine quilting this baby myself.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...