Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Quilted Laptop Sleeve

Since I started my new job, I've been carting my laptop back and forth a lot more than previously.  I have a case for it, but find it too bulky to fit in my tote bag.  So I was browsing the plethora of tutorials online, and decided to use this one from Robin Quilts, etc.  It's super easy, and turned out great!  I've received many compliments.  I promised I'd make my mom one next :D  




The outer flowered fabric is from a vintage bed sheet that I had left over from a swap.  The lining is actually a soft flannel Robert Kaufman remnant.  The binding is left over from making vintage sheet place mats - I had just enough!  

This was my first attempt at machine quilting with Francine (my Bernina 440) and the BSR.  I tried to create a meandering pattern.  Getting the stitch length consistent was difficult for me, but I'm sure the more I practice the better it'll look.  For now, promise me you won't look too closely!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...