Since I started my new job, I've been carting my laptop back and forth a lot more than previously. I have a case for it, but find it too bulky to fit in my tote bag. So I was browsing the plethora of tutorials online, and decided to use this one from Robin Quilts, etc. It's super easy, and turned out great! I've received many compliments. I promised I'd make my mom one next :D
The outer flowered fabric is from a vintage bed sheet that I had left over from a swap. The lining is actually a soft flannel Robert Kaufman remnant. The binding is left over from making vintage sheet place mats - I had just enough!
This was my first attempt at machine quilting with Francine (my Bernina 440) and the BSR. I tried to create a meandering pattern. Getting the stitch length consistent was difficult for me, but I'm sure the more I practice the better it'll look. For now, promise me you won't look too closely!