Monday, November 15, 2010

Oklahoma wanderings, part 1

My dad came to visit me a few weekends ago and we went exploring rural Oklahoma.  Lots of red dirt!  We went to a place called Red Rock Canyon and hiked around a bit, then had a picnic lunch.  It was definitely an unusual geographic area.  When I think of canyons, I guess my mind goes straight to the Grand Canyon, which we visited when I was younger.  Not the same kind of canyon here in OK...


Anyway, on our hike we came across an armadillo that was rooting around in the brush.  We were only 10-15 feet away from it and I shot this little video.  My first encounter with a live armadillo!






On our travels, we also meandered past a herd of buffalo.  They mooed rather loudly at us.



There's more, but I've been trying to upload the rest of the pics for a few weeks now and it never lets me, so this is to be continued...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...