Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

Currently I have 4, count em, 4 quilt tops just sitting around, waiting to be smooshed together to make a quilt sandwich.  This is a problem, and I'm not allowed to buy any more fabric until I finish one!  That's torture because I have a fabric wish list a mile long...


Last night I had just finished meander-quilting my smallest quilt top and was getting ready to bind it when I flipped it over and saw a fold in the backing that had been stitched down.  Gasp!!  I've realized quilting and my type A+ personality don't always mesh well (that's why I gave up garment sewing completely).  I had to set it aside because I didn't know how to fix it.  This morning, I was staring at it while eating breakfast and decided to get the seam ripper out.  I picked out the offending stitches and will probably try to stitch it in an unobtrusive way.  Lesson learned?  Don't lay out the quilt sandwich on carpet to pin baste.  

pre-quilting

threw one in of Carlton, just for fun :D

1 comment:

Lee said...

That's too bad about the fold! I think that's happened to everybody at one point or another. BTW, I think quilting is PERFECT for type A personalities! It helps to be just a little OCD when you're trying to get seams lined up. : )

Thanks for linking up, have a great week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...