Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whirlwind of a week...

The past week has been a doozy...so much work/nervousness/excitement/travel that I hardly slept and made myself sick in the meantime :(  Don't worry, I'm better now and ready to tell you all about it!  

It all started Thursday afternoon when my roommate called and asked if I'd be interested in free VIP tickets to the Goo Goo Dolls concert that night.  Hmm...let me think about that for a bit.  OF COURSE!  I love the band, and I've seen them in concert before.  We sat 6 rows back and I had the aisle seat, so I got a ton of awesome pictures and video.

Friday I flew to Chicago for the big test.  Saturday I practiced for the big test.  Sunday was the big test.  Around 3 AM Sunday, I sprang out of bed (aka pile of sofa cushions) and shouted, "I'm ready!"  I saw the time, and tried to go back to bed.  This happened about 5 times before it was time to get up & get ready.  The test itself was ok, and I probably passed, but I don't want to bore you with details.  





My friend took me to my favorite thrift store in Chicago - Unique Thrift Store.  I found some great sheets for this vintage sheet swap I'm doing, plus another shirt for the aprons I make.  When I started my blog, I envisioned more of a thrift & consignment store review blog than a look Ma at all the crafts I'm making blog, so my next post should be a review of this store.  

When I got back to the East Coast, I decided to trek to Lynchburg, VA and check out the J. Crew Clearance stores.  To make the long shopping trip legit, I also went to Appomattox Court House National Historic Park.  More details and pics to follow! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...