Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Did You Know?


I recently stumbled into the local Pottery Barn pretending that I could actually afford the furniture.  While browsing and silently praying that the floor models were going to be on sale, I started talking to one of the employees about a sectional couch that had a price that seemed too good to be true.  It was – the price was for the slipcover only (which made that go from a great deal to OMG outrageous really quickly!). 

Long story short, I told her I had just moved into town from another state and was in the market for a couch.  She says, “Oh that’s great!  We have a just-moved-into-the-area discount of 10%!”  Say what?  PB has a we’re glad you moved close to us from who cares how far away discount that I can use on anything online as long as I get it through the store?  This is too much for me to handle!  Of course, the furniture prices are still way out of my budget, but I thought I’d let you know in case you’re interested.  The discount usually only negates the shipping/handling fee on the furniture, but at least that’s something.  In my opinion, if you buy a $1500 couch it should be shipped to you for free.  I guess I’m still in cheap college student mode :D 

I’ll probably have to stick to craigslist furniture for the next year, but after that when I can actually afford PB, I can get the couch I always dreamed of!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...