Tuesday, August 17, 2010

French memo board in, you guessed it, houndstooth!

I have this French memo board that I made a long time ago when I was in the zebra print fabric phase.  It's not really my taste now for my new apartment, so I decided to jazz it up with that green houndstooth fabric that kind of reminds me of the temple oil lamps that never ran out of oil - I may never use it all up!  


Sorry I forgot to take a before picture, but here's the after.  Same technique as the necklace holder, but I crisscrossed and stapled ivory grosgrain ribbon across the front to hold stuff.  The ribbon was on sale at Hobby Lobby for $1 for 15 yards - awesome!  To keep the ribbons crisscrossed just so, I screwed in those little plastic and metal Dritz Twist Pins.  






I hung it up in the kitchen. Don't mind the mess!

1 comment:

craftytammie said...

love the message board! i stopped by to tell you - you won the vintage sheet fat quarter at craftytammie! send me an email with your address and what kind of vintage sheets you like - pink, multi, floral, groovy - you pick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...