Sunday, August 8, 2010

I heart houndstooth!

I feel like I had a pretty productive weekend, all things considered.  Here's a quick recap.


I'm sitting at my new (to me) Pottery Barn Kids (that's right!) desk, thanks to craigslist.  A lady had 2 of them for her kids that she was getting rid of and I was one of the lucky buyers!  It's the Keaton desk from 2006 in a honey oak color.  The desk is basically a table on casters and there's a hutch with a big corkboard and shelf on top.  She sold it with a rolling filing cabinet style table and the matching chair.  I'm sure this was around $1000 or more new, and I rolled it away for the sweet price of $150.  Ka-ching!  Awesome deal :D  






I decided to recover the seat of one of my mismatched dining room chairs yesterday.  I told you that the green houndstooth would return!  It would be more cohesive as a look if I painted the wood cream to match the fire place screen, but we'll see if I get around to that.  Here's hoping Carlton doesn't use it as a new scratching post!  Looks much better, no?  Whoever put the plaid on before didn't seem to notice how crooked it was.


Before:
























After:



















Carlton!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...