Sunday, August 1, 2010

Zucchini Bread sweetened with Applesauce

I baked zucchini bread today even though it's 104 degrees outside, actual temperature.  I don't want to know what the heat index is!  


I know there are a lot of zucchini bread recipes out there, but I thought I'd share my concoction.  I sweetened it with applesauce to cut down on the fat/calories scariness.  


To make 2 loaves:


Mix together:
3 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking powder


In a separate bowl, mix together:
2 cups shredded zucchini, patted with some paper towels to cut down on the juice
3/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just moistened.  Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.  Divide dough between two pans.  Bake at 350 for about an hour.  Be sure to check it beforehand though!  My oven runs wicked hot so they were done in 45 min :D


Enjoy!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...