Wednesday, September 11, 2013

On a Whim Sewing

I've been working on Camille Roskelley's On A Whim quilt pattern for awhile now.  Remember that Amy Butler Weekender bag I made using Tula Pink Birds and the Bees?  I used the leftover fabric from cutting out this pattern.  This quilt will turn out as amazing as the weekender bag, I'm sure!  For the corners, I'm using a wine-purple linen blend.  I didn't pre-wash it, so I hope it doesn't bleed!  Yikes...  I have 13 of 20 blocks finished and I'm hoping to have the top finished before I move into my first house next month :D

If you have all the pieces cut, these blocks go together pretty quickly!

Starting to come together


Just keep sewing

And soon enough you'll have a finished block!

I threw in an AMH just because it played well with the others :)


On the AYoLF Q3 front, I did manage to baste my blue and yellow patchwork chevron quilt last weekend.  I still haven't settled on a quilting design, so that's on hold for now.  I only have 19 days left to finish so I'd better hustle!

What did you sew this week?

5 comments:

OPQuilt said...

Your block is beautiful. The lines of the tree fabric work really well (did you fussy cut?) in this block and make a lovely impact.

Congrats on your first home! That's exciting, and yes, I hope in between all the packing and planning and logistics, you are able to finish up your quilt top.

It's going to be beautiful!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

Rachel said...

I really like the block with the squirrel. Nice colors! Love that corner color, but I would bet that it is going to bleed. I would suggest washing your quilt with a handful of color catchers when it's done.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Love that linen color - so rich. This is going to be a beautiful quilt :)

Renee said...

I love your tree block! Your quilt is going to lovely!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

loving the tree block...going to be an interesting quilt

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...