Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WIP: Chair Edition

I've always wanted a French arm chair for my living room, but they can be pricey, even on Craigslist.  When I found this one at a local consignment store for $65, I basically dragged it around the whole store while I was searching out other great steals.  When a fabricaholic is deciding what to reupholster with, things can take awhile....

I finally decided to go with the obvious: Echino Decoro buck in blue.  Obvious, because I'm an eye doctor, and that buck is wearing a fabulous pair of specs.  Here's where I'm at so far.  Everything is stapled and sewn back in place onto the wood frame, which I painted a glossy black.  I just need to finish the chair cushion cover, which is no easy feat.  I bought new foam for the cushion and it's a beast to cut to the proper shape!  Tips are much appreciated!  



People keep asking if this is going in my waiting room at my office.  Um, no.  It's going in my new living room!  And I'm going to call it my throne.  Or Zoey's throne, because the cat seems to be saying, hurry up already, I need something else to get fur all over!  I'm going to need a couple bottles of Scotchguard before this is all said and done!






8 comments:

Nicole said...

This is ADORABLE in that fabric! Your throne is going to look awesome :)

Pinspot said...

This is so GREAT! Love the glossy black.

Corinne said...

This is looking AWESOME! Also, I love your cat. After you are done with your chair, can you finish the one I started that has barely been worked on in two years?!? Pretty please?!?

Danih03 said...

Great looking chair! Thank goodness you're not putting this in your waiting room. Strangers sitting in it and little darling children bouncing on it....yikes! The only tip I have for cutting thick foam is to use an electric serrated knife. I know that is how you're supposed to do it, but I don't have much experience. It seems I have also seen a tutorial with one of those heat tools to burn designs into wood? But I couldn't swear to it. Try youtube;) You can learn anything there:)

Hilary said...

This thing is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the final product :)

Newest follower :) Found you via WIP wednesday
www.youngtexanmama.com

Annie said...

it's easy to cut foam with an electric carving knife. You can mark lines to follow on the foam with a Sharpie marker. Just guide the knife slowly and easily and don't panic! I found my knife in a thrift store and have never used it to cut meat!

Julie Hirt - 627handworks said...

Love this soooo much!!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

You, my friend, are braver than I am! Unfortunately I have no tips to offer in this arena at all. So far though, it looks great!

I'm so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...