Thursday, September 5, 2013

September 2013 AYoLF Goals



It's not like I'm running low on WIPs around here, but I will hopefully be moving into my very first house next month so I need to crack the whip!  I'm busy dreaming of ways to decorate and organize my  dream sewing room.  Any suggestions would be helpful!


For this month, I want to finish my blue and yellow patchwork chevron quilt from the Moda Bake Shop.  It measures in at 78" x 78", so it's on the larger side and this is definitely ambitious amidst the moving plans.  I think I'll be doing some simple straight line quilting just because of my time crunch, even though some fancy stitching would be fun.  This quilt top has been finished for a couple months, so it isn't the oldest in the pile, but I'm planning to do a simple sheet for the backing when I want to do more complex backings for the other quilts.  

Ooo pretty quilt top

My favorite scissors, ducks, and ants on parade!

Love those pearl bracelets and tiny Tula ladybugs

More pretty blues

And sunny yellows
Here's the sheet I'll be using for the back.  Martha Stewart does it best!





10 comments:

Ava said...

Your quilt is very pretty and congrats on the new home.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love the patchwork chevrons, and your color palette is really pretty!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Angie said...

I absolutely LUV this quilt :)

Anonymous said...

Great colors, looking forward to see this quilt finished! Stopping from Sew Cute Tuesday.

QuiltCandy said...

My goodness what a wonderful chevron quilt! Such pretty fabrics in there, and I love your use of colour. Good luck with the move and yay for more sewing space!

Anna said...

Love it! Great color choices :)

Conni said...

great patchwork chevron, love the colours

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

I love the colours in this quilt - it's really gorgeous!

Renee said...

Your quilt is so pretty! Love those colors on grey. I just moved into my new house and sewing room--I have a hanging book sleeve for my rulers next to my cutting table, a iron holder bracket on the wall above my ironing board, and lots of drawers to keep my crafty stuff in! How exciting to have a new space! Hope the move goes smoothly.

MareMare said...

I love the colors you chose and this construction is great, different from other Chevron quilts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...